SALIENT FEATURE OF THE UNDERGRADUATE HONOURS DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE SEMESTER SYSTEM
Students who have pass +2 in their respective stream or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board in India and abroad which is considered as equivalent by the university shall be eligible for admission into the First Semester of Honours Degree Courses.
Duration of the Honours Degree level Examination
- Duration of the Degree Course will comprise of 6 (Six) Semesters spread over 3 (Three) academic years.
- Semester means a half – yearly programme or term of studies.
- 1st (First), 3rd (Third), 5th (Fifth) will be Odd Semester.
- 2nd (Second), 4th (Fourth), 6th (Sixth) will be Even Semester.
Conduct of Examination
- The University shall conduct examination at the end of each Semester.
- The weightage assigned to the continuous assessment and end semester examinations shall be in the ratio 1:3.
- Regardless of whether the candidates pass or fail in any one or more subjects of the first five end semester examination(s) shall be eligible to proceed to the next semester course without having to wait for the declaration of the concerned results.
- A candidate failing in one or more subjects shall be required to appear and pass the subjects (Failed earlier) availing 2 (Two) subsequent chances within the sixth semester. Again, if candidates still cannot clear the examination, he/she shall be allowed to appear the subjects (failed earlier) after the end of sixth semester.
- A student shall have to clear the Degree within 5 (Five) academic years (10 semesters) from the date of admission to the Degree course, beyond which a candidate shall be required to seek admission into the first semester as a fresh candidate.
- The Degree Courses are full-time college Courses. There is no provision for “Private” candidates.
Results & Classification:
The results of the Honour Degree Course in B.A/B.Com shall be declared as follows:-
- Students of Bachelor in Arts & Commerce Course securing aggregate of 60% marks and above in the Eight Honours Elective papers of total 800 marks taken together from 1st to 6th Semester shall be placed in the First Division in the respective Honours degree Course.
- Students of Bachelor in Arts & Commerce Course securing aggregate of 45% marks and above but less than 60% marks in aggregate in the Eight Honours Elective papers of total 800 marks taken together from 1st to 6th Semester shall be placed in the Second Division in the respective Honours degree Course.
- Students of Bachelor in Arts & Commerce Course securing aggregate of 33% marks and above but less than 45% in aggregate marks in the Honours Elective papers of 8 (Eight) papers of total 800 marks shall be declared as Simple Pass in the respective Honours degree Courses.
- Students of Bachelor in Arts & Commerce Course securing less than 30% marks in any of the Honours Elective papers, Elective combination papers and Compulsory papers or fails to secure a minimum of 33% marks in aggregate shall be declared as Failed.
- The Improvement facility of an examination will be given to a desirous student after successful completion of the Honour Degree Course of Sixth Semesters on the recommendation of the College.
- The facility for improvement will be extended to a student securing less than 45% marks in any of the papers.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce