The College has established a special cell for Career Guidance and Counseling Cell. The aim of this Cell is to provide a comprehensive guidance programmes and services that will equip students with necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to become mature and socially responsible individuals; to promote a just and humane society; to guide and direct students to set their career, goals and stimulate them to exercise their consistent endeavours to accomplish their career objectives.
The cell also provides need based coaching for various competitive exams. Prominent Career Counsellors within and outside the state are invited to college in frequent manner and arrange close and meaningful interactions of students with them.
Keeping in view the competence, interests and acquired knowledge of the students, the cell conducts various programmes/workshop/sessions during the academic session of 2017-18 and 2018-19 to train and evaluate the students on the basis of their professional as well as interpersonal skills as detailed below:-
- Training and Placement at ICICI Academy, Guwahati 4(Four) students from the Department of Commerce attended the programme and 1(One) Mr. Sony Chyrmang successfully completed the training and placed in the company.
- Organized 1 (One) Day Workshop on “Facilitation and Deployment of Communication Skills” on 25th September 2018 and 150 students attended the programme.
- Awareness programme on “Various Online Examination” was organized on 21st September 2018 at College premises. Shri. B. Papang, Assistant Professor of Commerce Department delivered the training and 270 students attended the programme.
- Organized 2 (Two) Days Training and Workshop on Tourism- “Its Scope and Opportunities” on 20th and 21st July 2018. Shri R.K. Buruah, Director, North East Education Foundation, Guwahati, Assam and team delivered the Training as resource person and 100 students attended the programme.
- Attended 2 (Two) days Training and Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development Programme(EDP) on 30th – 31st May 2017 organized by General Manager District Commerce and Industries Centre, Khliehriat.
- Attended 1 (One) day training and workshop on Career Guidance-Cum- Life Skills Programme on 14th March 2018 organized by St. Anthony’s College.
- Organized 3 (Three) days Career Guidance programme for students from 29th Nov – 1st Dec 2017 at College premises. 235 students benefitted from the programme.