SALIENT FEATURE OF THE POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMME UNDER CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM
The Department of Education and Khasi were started in the year 1992 with the inception of the College. There have been remarkable changes in the Departments since then, with the aim of fulfilling and satisfying the increasing demand in higher education in the area. These Departments, since inception has managed to shape and produce many good quality students and attract quality teachers. A good number of students have progressed and secured admissions for pursuing their Master’s degree in North-Eastern Hill University and other Universities in the country as well. Realising the need to help the students continue their higher education, both the Departments in 2020 achieved another mile stone wherein, it got the permission from the North-Eastern Hill University to start the Post Graduate Courses and has strived to achieve the motto of the College “Education for All”.
In the Choice Based Credit System, the following courses of study will be offered:-
- Master of Arts (M.A) in Education
- Master of Arts (M. A) in Khasi.
Students who have pass UG with Honours in the respective subject or an equivalent examination from a recognized University in India and abroad which is considered as equivalent by the university shall be eligible for admission into the First Semester of PG programme.
Duration of the Post Graduate Course and Examination
- Duration of the Post Graduate Degree Course will comprise of 4 (four) Semesters spread over 2 (two) academic years.
- Semester means a half – yearly programme or term of studies.
- 1st (First) & 3rd (Third) will be Odd Semester.
- 2nd (Second) & 4th (Fourth) will be Even Semester.
- The minimum credit for each semester is 18 credits i.e. 36 credits per year and 72 credits overall.
Conduct of Examination and completion of the course:
- The University shall conduct examination at the end of each Semester.
- The weightage assigned to the continuous assessment and end semester examinations shall be in the ratio 1:3.
- Regardless of whether the candidates pass or fail in any one or more subjects of the first three end semester examination(s) shall be eligible to proceed to the next semester course without having to wait for the declaration of the concerned results.
- A candidate failing in one or more subjects shall be required to appear and pass the subjects (Failed earlier) availing 2 (Two) subsequent chances within the fourth semester. Again, if candidates still cannot clear the examination he/she shall be allowed to appear the subjects (failed earlier) after the end of fourth semester.
- The Post Graduate Programmes are full-time college Courses. There is no provision for “Private” candidates.
Results & Classification:
The results of the Post Graduate Programme (Master in Arts) shall be declared/decide by the university on the grade or percentage of marks required to pass in a course.